Explore RAWG Video Games Database API
There are two types of companies: hoarders and givers. RAWG is the largest video game database and game discovery service. And we are gladly sharing our 300,000+ games, search, and machine learning recommendations with the world. Learn what the RAWG games database API can do!
Open API endpoints
- search for a game by name:
- get detailed information about the game:
- find more games like X — our machine learning algorithm analyzes in-game content to find similar games:
- every API request should have a User-Agent header with your app name;
- no mass extraction. If you need the whole dataset for research or any other purpose — drop us a line at email@example.com and we will figure out how we can help you;
- no cloning RAWG. It would not be cool if you used our API to launch a clone of RAWG. We know it is not always easy to say what is a duplicate and what isn't. Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are in doubt, and we will talk it through;
- don't forget to backlink to RAWG and mention it as your data source.
- commercial projects need our consent, email at email@example.com and we will figure out the terms.
Some apps using our API
- The Reddit games recommendations bot by Laundmo (Python, Gitlab). Over 50,000 redditors can use it!
- The games search in the PikaGirl bot on Discord. Over 30,000 connected Discord servers use it!
- The Telegram bot by Roman, our frontend developer (PHP, Github).
- The DTF bot by Samat, our CTO (Python, Github). DTF is one of the largest Russian gaming news website with an active community.