Explore RAWG Video Games Database API
The largest open video games database
There are two types of companies: hoarders and givers. RAWG is the largest video game database and game discovery service. And we are gladly sharing our 350,000+ games, search, and machine learning recommendations with the world. Learn what the RAWG games database API can do and build something cool with it!
Why build on RAWG
- More than 350,000 games for 50 platforms including mobiles.
- Rich metadata: tags, genres, developers, publishers, individual creators, official websites, release dates, Metacritic ratings.
- Where to buy: links to digital distribution services
- Similar games based on visual similarity.
- Player activity data: Steam average playtime and RAWG player counts and ratings.
- Actively developing and constantly getting better by user contribution and our algorithms.
RAWG API is a powerful tool for working with video games data. Below are a few examples of the things you can do with the API.
What console games were released last month?
GET https://api.rawg.io/api/platforms # get ids of target platforms GET https://api.rawg.io/api/games?dates=2019-09-01,2019-09-30&platforms=18,1,7 # insert platforms ids
What are the most anticipated upcoming games?
What games were published by Annapurna Interactive in the 2019?
GET https://api.rawg.io/api/developers?search=Annapurna%20Interactive&page_size=1 # get the developer id GET https://api.rawg.io/api/games?dates=2019-01-01,2019-12-31&developers=15 # insert developer id
What are the most popular games in 2019?
What are the highest rated games from 2001?
What is the highest rated game by Electronic Arts?
GET https://api.rawg.io/api/developers?search=Electronic%20Arts&page_size=1 # get the developer id GET https://api.rawg.io/api/games?ordering=-rating&developers=109 # insert developer id
All of the libraries are contributed by our users. If you find a bug or missing feature, it's best to contact the author. If you want to submit your wrapper, contact us via [email protected]
Some apps using our API
- Yandex uses RAWG to create new and enrich existing reference cards in its search engine results.
- The Reddit games recommendations bot by Laundmo (Python, Gitlab). Over 60,000 redditors can use it.
- The games search in the PikaGirl bot on Discord. Over 50,000 connected Discord servers use it.
- The DTF bot by Samat (Python, Github). DTF is one of the largest Russian gaming news website with an active community.
- The Telegram bot by Roman (PHP, Github).
- Free for personal use as long as you attribute RAWG as the source of the data and/or images and add an active hyperlink from every page where the data of RAWG is used.
- Free for commercial use for startups and hobby projects with not more than 100,000 monthly active users or 500,000 page views per month. If your project is larger than that, email us at [email protected] for commercial terms.
- No cloning. It would not be cool if you used our API to launch a clone of RAWG. We know it is not always easy to say what is a duplicate and what isn't. Drop us a line at [email protected] if you are in doubt, and we will talk it through.
- Every API request should have a User-Agent header with your app name. If you don’t provide it, we may ban your requests.
API Legal Notice
We do not claim ownership of any of the images or data provided by the API. We remove infringing content when properly notified. Any data and/or images one might upload to RAWG is expressly granted a license to use. You are prohibited from using the images and/or data in connection with libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive or otherwise offensive content.