Dark Fracture (itch)
Dark Fracture is an indie psychological horror game played in first-person, targeted for full release in 2021.
Over the course of the game, the player is faced with the character’s inner chaos – witnessing the world change around him as the barrier between reality and imagination seems to crumble.
The story of Dark Fracture's demo takes place in the late '90s, set in an isolated forest region in the rural USA. You are put in the shoes of Edward: a body farm employee who experiences episodes of psychosis and is dependent on anti-psychotics to get through the day. Edward is barely able to cope with his personal issues, which is intensified by living in solitude. He puts on a brave front and wakes up for work dutifully every day as it serves as his only anchor, but deep inside, trouble is simmering...
One night, while working the dreaded midnight shift, a chain of unfortunate events leaves Edward alone and in the darkness. Slowly, the world around him seems to change.
Is it merely his mind playing tricks on him? Is this no more than an illusion wrought by an ailing mind? Or perhaps there truly is something darker clawing at his heels, threatening to drag him into the depths? We're counting on you to figure it out before he makes a fatal mistake.
- Photo-Realistic Graphics: Explore the body farm's mortuary rich and immersive environment.
- Inventory System: Search for key game items to help your progress, pick them up and use them from your inventory.
- Physical Items: In-game objects that can be picked up and carried around the world to help in solving puzzles.
- Sanity Meter: Your sanity is the key to survival. Paranormal events will hinder your progress throughout the game, keep yourself sane and away from losing your mind!
- Limited Light Sources: You will find limited light sources to navigate the environment, your light sources could potentially run out so use them wisely.
- Dual Wielding: Holding and using two items at once allows you to strategize the complimentary usage of the tools in order to solve a situational problem.
- Procedurally Generated Events: Varying sequences of irregular paranormal events, in addition to randomly located pick-up items that appear in different spots at each game level restart.
- Decision Making: The decisions you make in the game will impact your storyline and outcome. Are you going to follow the system or rebel against it? Choose wisely!
WARNING: This game contains strong language and gruesome content that some players may find disturbing.
Certain scenes may potentially trigger seizures for people with photosensitive epilepsy.
PLAYER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.
- Non-linear storyline.
- Real first-person POV experience.
- New environments & chapters.
- New characters.
- New game-play mechanics.
- Procedurally generated events improvements and add-ons.
- New features depending on feedback.
- More animations, cutscenes & game art.
- More professional music & sounds.
- Localization; many different languages.
We will release this early version (Dark Fracture Pre-Alpha 1.0) publicly for free, so we can receive valuable feedback from the community and improve our development in the coming months in preparation for release.
The current demo contains 35 minutes to 1 hour of gameplay.
Please take a moment to show us your support on social media and other gaming platforms:
We hope you are going to enjoy this quick tease into Dark Fracture, we will value any feedback through Discord! Thank you :)