EAE 6320 Perosonal Project - Xbox input
How to set up the project:
- Unzip the Project
- Put the projects in their respective locations and add the required property sheets as per the requirements in previous assignments.
- Add "Graphics" and "Results" as references to the CInput library.
- Add the required paths to the lua file you might create in the AssetBuildFunctions.lua file and AssetsToBuild.lua.
- Add this to wherever you would like to include the XBox input library I have created(preferably in CbApplication and CMyGame).
- This is how you create an instance of the class, and below specified is the Lua file format(if using my project, please contact me so I can give you updated file formats for Input Mappings)
- Right now, Rumble can be bound to A, B, X or Y.
- Inside cMygame.cpp's UpdateBasedOnInput(), add this to the very bottom of the method:
- To get input from the triggers(which I am currently using to zoom the camera in and out), you can use code like so:
where "cameraSpeedIncreaseFactor" is the speed multiplier that the camera will move at, "isKeyPressed" is a bool that returns true or false based on the button state, and "CInput::CButtons::BUTTON" is an enum of buttons tied to every single button on the controller.
- To get input along the sticks, you can use something along the lines of:
Along with all of these methods, there are some helper methods:
Along with all of this, each controller needs to have an update() method, which I call in cbApplication.cpp's "UpdateUntilExit()" function like so: