Magic Duels is a video game based on collectible card game Magic: The Gathering. It follows Magic: The Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers and its sequels. Unlike the predecessors, Magic Duels has a story mode that focuses on five original Planeswalkers. In general, the game features over 1300 earnable cards.
The gameplay repeats the one from the card game but is simplified. You participate in duels either with real players or AI opponents. Each player has a deck of cards consisting of lands and spells. To cast spells you need mana that lands produce. The duel stops when one player’s life is over. In the story mode you need to hold matches against an AI opponent using decks of five Planeswalkers.
Besides the story, there are several single-player missions and online duels. For example, you can test your strategy during the Two-headed Giant mode when four players split into teams competing with each other.
System requirements for PC
- OS: Windows 8/7 (XP not supported)
- Processor: 2GHz CPU (Pentium 4 or equivalent)
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512MB DirectX 11.0 compatible video card with Pixelshader 3.0 support
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 2500 MB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX 11.0 compatible sound card
- Additional Notes: 1GB RAM (2GB for Windows 7)