Step into the shoes of Oliver Cromwell, the King In All But Name, as you rule the newly established Protectorate. Make tough decisions and try to keep the realm stable during this turbulent time.
- Experience one of the most tumultuous periods of British history through the eyes of the divisive Oliver Cromwell.
- Discover characters and factions of the time. Use the game’s Info Button to access additional information to help you make more informed decisions!
- Make the same choices Cromwell did… or don’t. Find out if your choices align with real history using the Divergence Indicator.
- Not happy with the content in the game? You're in luck! Use the editors to create new characters and events or to modify existing ones.
The goal of Cromwell: King In All But Name is to keep the powers of the church, people, army and parliament (when they're in session) in balance in order to prolong your rule of the Protectorate for as long as possible. Will you last as long as Cromwell did or will you fail somewhere along the way?Controls
- Mouse - You can press any buttons with the mouse!
- A / Left - Left choice.
- D / Right - Right choice.
- I - Information button.
- Esc / P - Pause menu.
- Gameplay and visuals by me!
- Inspired by Reigns.
- Germanica by Paul Lloyd (Free)
- Metamorphous by James Grieshaber (Free)
- 11 Sonatas and 19 Dances in 3, 4 and 5 Parts by Michel Rondeau (CC BY 3.0).
- Almain by Anton Höger (CC BY 4.0).
- Almain, VdGS 11 by Dillon Upton (CC BY 4.0).
- Almain, VdGS 12 by Anton Höger (CC BY 4.0).
- Courtly Masquing Ayres by Michel Rondeau (CC BY 3.0).
- Galliard, APG2.10b by Anton Höger (CC BY 4.0).
- Galliard, APG2.14b by Anton Höger (CC BY 4.0).
- Greensleeves by CambridgeBayWeather (CC BY 3.0).
- Languish and Despair My Heart by Anton Höger (CC BY 4.0).
- O Let Me Groan by Anton Höger (CC BY 4.0).
- Scarborough Fair by Rockendary (CC BY 2.0).
- Various from Sonniss.com #GameGDCAudio Bundles (License).
If you have any suggestions or if you've experienced any bugs or glitches during gameplay, please submit a bug report in the discussions below or at: https://www.thedigitaltechnologist.com/support.