NACHTRUN is an infinite runner that takes place in a completely pitch black tunnel.
Since you cannot trust your sight, you will have to use audio cues to know when to turn, and when to start and stop climbing
(Windows might tell you this is a dangerous exe, please ignore that and play anyway)
NAMEHOW TO PLAY:
- RUN FORWARD: by default. if no keys are pressed, you will run forward
IMPORTANT: All inputs are done at the end of the measure that prompts you what to do.
If you hear BEEPS, that means you are approaching a turn on the next measure.
- LOW pitch to HIGH pitch means right turn
- tap [RIGHT ARROW KEY]
- Example: LOW ---- LOW ---- HIGH - HIGH - HIGH - HIGH - [RIGHT KEY]
- HIGH pitch to LOW pitch means left turn
- tap [LEFT ARROW KEY]
- Example: HIGH----HIGH ---- LOW - LOW - LOW - LOW - [LEFT KEY]
If you hear a MONKEY , that means you are approaching a climbing section, or are about to end a climbing section.
- If you are not yet climbing, press and hold [SPACE BAR] to start climbing, and keep it held down until you hear the monkey again.
- If you are climbing, release [SPACE BAR] to stop climbing
Example: *REST* ---- *REST* ---- OOH - AHH - AHH - OOH - [SPACE]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Made for GMTK Jam 2018
Theme: GENRE but you can't MECHANIC - Endless Runner but you can't See anything