OBELUS - Arcade Boss Rush
In OBELUS, a bold robot battles three gargantuan alien monsters to protect the fate of a united earth.
Created as a school project in 2013, Obelus was our wish come true to make a traditional arcade game, but with newer technologies like terrain destruction and lots of visual polish.
The emphasis was on battles with huge bosses, as we pictured a David and Goliath-like battle would suit the difficult arcade vibe.
- Three boss battles with increasing difficulty and scale
- Three weapons available as pick-ups in levels
- A strict scoring system judging time and effectiveness
- Weird robot-animal monsters on a strange planet
- Some kind of story
- A & D: Move left/right
- Space: jump/rocket jump (fancy word for double jump)
- Arrow keys: shoot (8 directions)
The downloadable version is from 2013, so by no means consider it a living project. The game was made by Tony Fial, Thomas Jager, Freek Verheijde and Harm-Jan Wiechers.