A top-down action knife-throwing game. Magically manipulate your knife to defeat the PAPER FACES, and see how quickly you can fight through them all.
A run through the game takes approximately 4 minutes.
I have tested the Windows version and the HTML5 version in Firefox. They should, ideally, play identically. The Mac version has been provided since Godot could build one, but I don't have any means of testing it. Play that one at your own risk.
- WASD - move
- Left Click - throw knife / dash (if knife is already thrown)
- Right Click - hold to recall knife
- Amorphous - All art, design, programming (except for what was used from third-party assets). As it turns out, 2-day game jams are a lot easier when you have a team.
- Transitions - asset used for scene transitions
- rmsmartshape2d - asset used for wall appearances
This game was made in Godot Engine 3.2 under game jam conditions from July 10th to July 12th 2020 for no good reason at all, and was not formally created for any particular jam. There is no sound.
I see it as a study in game development, akin to how artists do studies to practice fundamentals. For this, I specifically chose to create a game with no narrative, focusing instead on mechanics.