SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition
SimCity 4: Deluxe Edition is a city building simulator developed by Maxis.
Deluxe Edition features
Deluxe Edition features the base game and Rush Hour expansion pack.
The player becomes the mayor of a small town. Use terraforming to create a convenient building area or a unique landscape. Players are able to divide the town's areas into special areas: commercial, industrial, and residential. You also have to create a social policy, a transportation system and improve the quality of life for your residents.
The players are able to choose any area available for building a new city. It is possible to create several cities near each other.
There are three game modes present in the game: God Mode, Mayor Mode, and Sim Mode.
In God Mode, the players build a new city and are able to inflict natural disasters upon it such as earthquakes or volcano eruptions. It is possible to choose the exact spot where the disaster will take place.
Mayor mode is endless. You take part in creating a city, maintaining it, and facing the typical city problems, such as the migration of its population or the drop in income per household. The game emulates the world's economy, financing, and city development.
While in Sim Mode, the player creates a sim, which will live in a player-built city. You can't control the sim apart from choosing where will they live. The sims go through their whole life. After death, their relatives will take their place.
System requirements for macOS
- OS: 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion), 10.9.5 (Mavericks), 10.10.5 (Yosemite), 10.11.6 (El Capitan), 10.12 (Sierra)
- Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 2 GB
- Video Memory: 256 MB
- Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 3870 / NVidia Geforce 8800 / Intel HD 3000
- Additional: Macintosh mouse and keyboard required.
- NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive)
- NOTICE: The following video chipsets are unsupported for SimCity4 Deluxe: ATI RADEON HD 2400, 2600, NVIDIA 8600m, Intel Integrated GMA 950, Intel Integrated x3100
- NOTICE: SimCity4 Deluxe Mac is localized into French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese
- OS: 10.9.5 (Mavericks)
- Processor: 2.2GHz Intel Quad Core or better
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Video Memory: 512 MB
- Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5750 / NVidia Geforce 650M
System requirements for PC
- OS: Windows XP
- Processor: PIII 500 or equivalent
- Memory: 256MB
- Graphics: 32MB supported Direct3D capable video card with DirectX 7.0 or greater
- DirectX®: DirectX 8.1
- Hard Drive: 1.6GB
- Supported 3D Accelerator Hardware: SimCity 4 Deluxe / Rush Hour requires a 32MB 3D Direct3D chipset, and a display that is at least 800x600 in size, and supports 16 or 32-bit color. It is recommended to always install the latest certified drivers for all your hardware
Supported Graphics Chipsets Cards with these chipsets are officially supported by the SimCity 4 hardware graphics driver:
- nVidia TNT2, TNT2 M64, & TNT2 Ultra
- nVidia GeForce SDR, GeForce DDR, GeForce Quadro, GeForce2 GTS, GeForce2 MX, GeForce2 GTS, GeForce3, GeForce4 MX, GeForce4 Ti 4200/4400/4600/4800 SE, and GeForceFX 5200/5600/5800/5900
- ATI Radeon 7000, 7200, 7500, 8500, 9000, 9200, 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800
- Known Issues: Due to hardware limitations with the ATI Radeon series, some buildings and graphic effects will be temporarily turned off while scrolling. There is a known ATI driver defect that results in SimCity advisor animations dropping polygons. To fix this, please download ATI driver 7.79 or later (also referred to as CATALYST 02.4) from http://www.ati.com on the Internet.
- Matrox G400, G450, G550, Parhelia
- SiS 315, Xabre 400
- PowerVR KYRO, KYRO II
- Trident Blade 64