Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion is a first standalone and the third overall DLC to the original Sins of a Solar Empire title. It is also a strategy set in space with the science-fiction lore.
The point of the game is to conquer as many planets as possible using the given resources. The protagonist can be chosen out of three races: industrials, aliens and psychics each with unique special abilities.
The gameplay process occurs exclusively in online mode, but single battles and succeeds against enemy AI is possible too. However, the campaign as a whole cannot be played offline.
As in usual RTS, the gameplay is centered around resource management — the title's economy consists of prices on Metal, Credits, and Crystal — each with the individual gain conditions. So it would be impossible for instance to sell all of your metal to the friendly guild — after the wholesale, stock prices decrease and economy shifts towards them like real-life one.
While exploring the world, the player may stumble across habitable planets and anomalies which prevent the player from getting to the goal. Anomalies include asteroids, hostile environment, and ice fields.
The expansion adds two new units into the gams: Loyalist and Rebel — delegates of any races can choose between them. A graphical engine was updated as well.
System requirements for PC
- OS: Windows 10 / 8 / Windows 7 SP1 / Windows Vista SP2
- Processor: 3 GHz Intel Pentium 4 Processor or Equivalent
- Memory: 2 GB Available System Memory
- Graphics: 256 MB Video Card w/Pixel Shader 3.0 Support (Radeon X1650 / GeForce
6800* or Better)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 5 GB HD space
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card
- Other Requirements: Keyboard and Mouse (w/scroll wheel), Broadband Internet connection for Multiplayer
- * NVidia video chipsets must use driver version 296.10 or higher and mobile cards be set as the primary video chipset for the game.
- Processor: Intel Core i5/i7 Processor or Equivalent
- Memory: 4 GB Available System Memory
- Graphics: 1 GB Video Card w/Pixel Shader 3.0 Support (Radeon X3000 Series / GeForce 8000* Series or Better)
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection.