Us against the world
Us Against the World is a narrative game for one player made as a final work for the DESS in Game Design at Université de Montreal. A young girl is lost in the woods and a stray dog helps her to find her parents. During this adventure, the player will control the dog and the young girl alternately to solve environmental puzzles. The game has no dialogue and it's inspired by the famous games Limbo or Inside with a lot of contextual actions on the environment to get its message across.
In Us Against the World, we tried to make players feel emotions during their journey, like a Disney or Ghibli animated film, while creating a closeness between the two characters that makes them endearing.
The game lasts a total of fifteen minutes and took four months of work.
Additional information :
- Us Against the World - May 2019 - Made on Unity - PC Only - compatible XboX and PS4 controllers - 1 player
- Made during the 2nd session of the DESS in game design at Université de Montréal.
- Project team :
- Sara Cousineau (Game design - Lead 2D Artist - Level design)
- Nicolas Hotte (Game design - Animation - Level design)
- Hugo Stindel (Game design - Programming - Level design)
- Samuel Villagomez (Audio Direction - Music et VFX)
- All ressources in the game were made by the team