Velocity 2X is a 2D sci-fi shoot'em up developed by FutureLab. It is the third game in the series, preceded by Velocity Ultra and Velocity. The primary focus of all three games is competing with the other players, teleporting and fighting numerous enemies — the game features some characteristics of bullet hell genre.
The story centers around Apex Predator — the protagonist of the game. While being set in a sci-fi setting the game tells a story of her modified body, which allows her and her ship to travel at supersonic speeds and uncover the mysteries of a world she ended up blending in.
The gameplay utilizes typical characteristics for the genre: much shooting, teleporting and reaching the higher overall score over the levels. The title also features dual-format: not only it allows to mirror the screen and make the levels more challenging but also it creates a room for bosses to be more robust.
System requirements for PC
- OS: Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
- Processor: Intel Core 4400 @ 2.00GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ @ 2.0GHz
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: Radeon X1800 XL or Geforce 8800 GT or better
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Storage: 3 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX® 9.0c or later
- Additional Notes: Controller and 60hz monitor recommended for best experience.