Vomitoreum Kickstarter Demo
Support this Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/scumhead/vomitoreum
A dark and arid hellscape inspired by the likes of Metroid Prime and Dark Souls, Vomitoreum is an FPS Metroidvania set in an interconnected and nightmarish world.
Explore a land that has been plagued with an eldritch infection, a horrible fog that blankets the world and turns it’s denizens into wretched mutants. Delve deep into the ruins of this plagued world and find a cure for this horrid blight.
You are the Nephilem, a vessel born of cosmic ash and the churning souls trapped within graves. Created as a being able to survive the hellish environment and search for a way to make the fog recede, you will scour the lands in search of tools and weaponry that will be useful on your journey.
The Nephilem’s end goal is to make the infection and the fog recede, destroy the horrible demons plaguing the land, and let life flourish once again.
Vomitoreum has a world inspired by the painting of Zdzisław Beksiński; intense combat; challenging but fair gameplay; and a world waiting to be explored! Rise from the grave factory and see what Vomitoreum has lying in wait for you!
- Grotesque pixel art to bring these wretched demons and hellscapes to life.
- Atmospheric world inspired by Zdzislaw Beksinski's Paintings.
- Challenging but fair gameplay.
- Movement and mobility that consistently re-contextualizes previously explored areas.
- Minimalist combat encounters, focused on "moment-to-moment" encounter design.
- A vast and interconnected world.
- Secrets and environmental story telling around every corner.
- World-building and lore, hidden within the cracks and crevices of the world.
- Challenging bosses to test the player's limits.
In this demo:
- Explore the first few areas of Vomitoreum.
- Battle a set of Umadermadine's Monstrous soldiers.
- Collect secret upgrades hidden in the nooks and crannies of the world.
- Battle the first boss, a monstrous being from a time long ago.
Project lead: Scumhead https://twitter.com/Scumhead1
Programmer: Mengo https://twitter.com/Mengo329
Art and Animation Help: Batandy https://twitter.com/Batandy_