Alice: Madness Returns
This sequel to American McGee's Alice follows the protagonist, Alice Lidell, as she returns to the dark world of her subconsciousness, the nightmarish version of Lewis Carrol’s Wonderland. After she was released from the psychiatric asylum, Alice moved to the orphanage, where she’s being treated with the use of hypnosis. It doesn't stop her from descending again into the grotesque realm of disturbing visuals, creepy music, and absurdist logic. She will again meet the Cheshire Cat, the Mad Hatter, the Caterpillar, the Queen of Hearts, and many other darker versions of Carrol’s whimsy characters. Her journey through the Wonderland serves as a metaphor for Alice fighting her own madness.
The game is played in the third-person view. On her way, Alice will jump the platforms, solve puzzles, and fight enemies. The combat system allows for a seamless flow of attacks, dodges, and combos. Besides her trademark Vorpal Blade, Alice will use other, somewhat surreal weapons, such as Teapot Cannon, Clockwork Bomb, or Pepper Grinder. In the sequel, Alice gains a new ability called Hysteria that can be activated when her health is the lowest.
System requirements for PC
- OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista with SP2, Windows XP with SP3
- Processor: Intel Core2 Duo (or equivalent) running at 1.60GHz or greater; AMD Athlon X2 (or equivalent) running at 1.60GHz or greater
- Memory: 2048MB or greater
- Hard Disk Space: 8.5 GB
- Video Card: *NVIDIA GeForce 7600 256MB or ATI Radeon X1650 256MB or greater
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- *NVIDIA GeForce 8400, 9400, 210; ATI Radeon HD 2400, HD 3200, HD 4300 as well as integrated versions of supported chipsets are below minimum system requirements