Cogs is a puzzle video game in which a player has to manipulate a three-dimensional object's sides as sliding block puzzles to complete specific goals, such as meshing gears to complete a clockwork mechanism or routing gas flow through pipes to a balloon.
Every level of Cogs represents three-dimensional object, there are various objectives but mostly a player has to move tiles to connect sets of gears, piping and do other manipulative things to make that object behave in ordered way, for example to provide power to turn wheels. All the objects in Cogs are three dimensional, so it needs to be manipulated on different faces which could wrap around the object, or consider sides of tiles. The player has the ability to turn the object in any manner he or she wants to complete the task.
In the Cogs, the player mostly has to manipulate various gears, pipes with steam gas which purpose is to drive motors of gears or fill balloons and bell strikers which plays a specific melody if manipulated correctly. There are lots of levels in the game and each of them is more difficult than the previous one, adding more puzzle elements and more objects to manipulate.
System requirements for Linux
System requirements for iOS
System requirements for macOS
- OS: OS X version Snow Leopard 10.6 (Snow Leopard), or later.
- Processor: Intel-based processor
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 320 MB
- Video Card: hardware support for OpenGL 2.0 or higher (Does not work with Intel GMA 950 or lower graphics processors)
System requirements for PC
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP or Vista
- Processor: 1.5 GHz CPU or better
- Memory: 512 MB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible 64 MB graphics card with hardware transform and lighting (T&L)
- DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c or later
- Hard Drive: 120 MB Free Space
- Sound: DirectX compatible sound card