Europa Universalis III Complete
The third Europa Universalis game offers the player to lead a major world civilization through the Early Modern era. Unlike its predecessors, Europa Universalis III uses 3D graphics instead of 2D.
The player chooses a country and administers its diplomacy, economy, military, and society. The game has an emphasis on development rather than war, and the combat system does not allow you to directly control the units. You can pick any time period from between 1453 and 1789 and any country from a roster of 300. Despite the series' title, civilizations are not limited to Europe.
The country's current leader and state of affairs are generated on the basis of real history. Once the player enters the game, however, the events are randomized and only depend on the player's actions. A new feature introduced in EU3 is that the player can hire up to three court advisors (EU’s equivalent to Civilization’s “great people”). Each advisor has his or her area of influence and helps to improve the empire’s science, culture, or army.
Contrary to its name, Complete edition doesn't include all of EU3 expansion packs (it is Chronicles edition that does), but only two of them: Napoleon's Ambition and In Nomine. Napoleon's Ambition is set after the main game's timeline, lasts until 1821, and deals with the Napoleonic Wars. By contrast, In Nomine begins in 1399, and includes late medieval features like Byzantine Empire, Tamerlan's conquests, and the Hundred Years War.
System requirements for macOS
- OS: OS X version Leopard 10.5.8, Snow Leopard 10.6.3, or later.
- Processor: Intel or PPC G5
- Memory: 64 MB VRAM, 512 MB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 700 MB hard disk space
- Video Card: GeForce 5200, Radeon 9600 or GMA950
- Internet: Broadband connection for Internet play
- Registration: Internet connection for registration
System requirements for PC
- OS: Windows® 2000 (with Service pack 1 or higher) or Windows® XP (Home/Professional/Media Edition) with Service Pack 2, or later Windows versions.
- Processor: 1.9GHz Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon processor or equivalent
- Memory: 512MB RAM (1.0GB RAM is highly recommended)
- Graphics: 128MB Video Card with Hardware T&L and support for Pixelshader 2.0 or better
- DirectX Version: DirectX9.0c
- Hard Drive: At least 1GB of free hard drive space to accommodate game files and saved games. This does not include any space used by the Windows® swap file.
- Sound: DirectX7 compatible sound card