Myth Bearer is an open world RPG that emphasizes character growth through exploration. Actions taken in the world are permanent - enemies don’t respawn, consumed items are forever gone, and story events have permanent impacts on the world. Myth Bearer is inspired by several games, including Gothic, Zelda, and King's Field.
Currently, this game is still in development, but there is a free demo available.
Deep below the Nameless Isle, an ancient force is said to guide the fate of all who step foot on its shores. You take on the role of a lost wayfarer, as you embark on a quest to unravel the mysteries of the Nameless Isle's dark past.
- Full mouse control, with the option to use WASD/arrow keys for movement.
- Open-ended, interconnected level design.
- Persistent game world (no enemy respawns, items don’t disappear, limited resources).
- "World-altering" story events.
- Lots of secrets.
- Demo released.
- Game created by JC Bailey.
- Background music composed by Snabisch from opengameart.org.