- Aug 8, 2013Release date
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker makes its glorious return on the Wii U console with gorgeous HD graphics and enhanced game features. In this timeless classic with a unique and colorful "toon-shaded" art style, players guide Link as he sets out on the massive Great Sea to find his kidnapped sister. You will sail the seas in search of lost islands, fight fearsome enemies, take on mighty bosses, and seek out the legendary Triforce.
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD features 1080p visuals that will immerse players in the game like never before.
- With the Wii U GamePad controller, it’s easy to manage your inventory and view maps.
- Players will enjoy cruising the open sea with a new Swift Sail, bringing them to their next destination and action-packed adventure that much faster.
- Once players receive the "Tingle Bottle" item, they can connect with others by posting comments to Miiverse. Through this new feature, comments or screen shots posted on Miiverse will wash up on the shores of other players’ games. It’s like finding a message in a bottle.
- Players can also take and store more pictures with an improved Pictograph and then post them on Miiverse.
- If the television is already in use, this game can been played off-TV on the Wii U GamePad.
A new limited-edition Wii U bundle featuring The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD launches on Sept. 20, 2013. The digital version of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD will also launch on Sept. 20, 2013, while the packaged version launches Oct. 4, 2013 with distinctive gold-foil packaging.