Heroes of Might and Magic V
Heroes of Might & Magic V is a tactical turn-based strategy and a fifth part of the series and the first installment to utilize the 3D graphics.
The gameplay centers around The Heroes who are powerful leaders helping different fractions, forming guilds and fighting alongside with weaker characters against The Heroes of the opposing division.
The player controls the growth of his character — he may distribute the experience points between the abilities on the skill tree thus gaining new ultimate powers or racial skills. The core feature to the skills in the game is that every walkthrough forms a unique mix of race, skills and development issues embodied in The Hero.
There are six fractions to the game: Haven, Inferno, Necropolis, Dungeon, Sylvan, and Academy. The title feature one DLC and one standalone add-on content. They add two more fractions to the game: Fortress and Stronghold.
The gameplay depicted in the fifth part of the IP continues the line set in the third and the fourth chapters, the narrative, however, does not share such succession. None of The Heroes were transported into the new title with the adventures set in Ashan — the world created by Asha.
The story follows a line of tragic events during the battle between Asha and Urgash in which the former suffered collisions and merged with The Moon.
System requirements for PC
- OS: Windows® 2000/XP (only)
- Processor: Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon™ 1.5 GHz (Pentium® 4 2.4 GHz recommended)
- Memory: 512 MB (1 GB recommended)
- Graphics: DirectX® 9 compliant w/ 64MB RAM (128 MB recommended) (see supported list*)
- DirectX Version: DirectX® 9 or higher
- Sound: DirectX® 9 compliant
- Hard Drive: 2+ GB
- Multiplay: Broadband internet connection
- *Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: NVIDIA GeForce 4 / FX / 6 / 7 families (GeForce 4 MX NOT supported), ATI Radeon 8500 / 9000 / X families, Matrox Parhelia
Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported.