In the game, you can follow two storylines, depending on whether you choose a male or female character.
Both versions of the character have their own reasons to hate the leader of evil forces, Shax. If a female character is selected, his sister is abducted by Shax as a result of a dispute over the jewelry that the player was selling. In the case of a man's game, the player refuses to sell the sword to Shax, resulting in Shax killing the character's wife.
Everything else in the game is the same for both female and male characters.
The character awakens to a new life by the great magician Roth. The great magician reveals to the character that the character was chosen to become the new Dragon - there have already been more than a dozen other Dragons before. The Dragon is given combat magic, the Dragon's task is to protect this world and rid it of lies, corruption and evil spirits.
The main character, male or female, accepts from the great magician Roth the name Dragon and the mission of improving the world. To achieve this, he follows a linear route, between checkpoints and fast travel locations known as Reliquaries. The hero is armed with magic - and it does not require replenishment of any resource, it always is, always works.
The enemies of the Dragon are diverse and contain a randomized loot, dropping out of them when defeated. The value of loot based on the rarity level of the character has been achieved through reaching checkpoints.
The magic of the hero, the power of his spells can be greatly increased if the hero performs specific tasks.
The main character helps another character, male or female. This character acts as a scout whose name is Gryphon.
After the end of the game, the player can continue to play the same character in order to strengthen the power of his spells - for this you should start a New Game Plus.
The Hero can have 3 Sigils applied at any given time. Sigils - Fire, Ice, Lightning, Corruption, and more - act as elemental schools of magic for the player to cast.
Sigils are unlocked as the player moves in the game.
You can switch between the Sigils you use at a Reliquary.
The level of each Sigil can be increased by achieving certain goals. The characteristics of magical spells can be improved and customized, by conscious manipulation and using the loot dropping out of enemies.
Spells act not only as weapons of attack, but also as shields.
System requirements for PC
- OS: Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit, Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Processor: 3.0 GHz dual core or better (AMD FX 4100 or Intel Core 2 Duo)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX 10 compatible with 512 RAM or better (Radeon HD4870 or NVIDIA 8800 GT)
- DirectX: Version 10
- Storage: 12 GB available space
- Additional Notes: Minimum spec assumes user runs the game at 1280x720 resolution with "Low" graphics settings.
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz quad core or better (AMD FX 8350 or Intel i7 860)
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX 11 compatible with 2048MB RAM or better (Radeon HD 7950 or NVIDIA GTX 670)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 12 GB available space
- Additional Notes: Recommended spec assumes user runs game at 1920x1080 resolution with "Very High" graphics settings.