Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Lord of the Rings: War in the North is an action RPG developed by Snowblind Studios. The game is based on J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings series of novels.
Eradan, Andriel, and Farin arrive at the Prancing Pony tavern in a small town of Bree where they meet Aragorn. He tasks them with distracting the orcs at Fornost in order to save Frodo from an attack that is plotted against him. The trio sets out on a difficult quest.
At the beginning of every level, the player has to choose one of the three characters to play with. Each character has their own set of skills and equipment.
All three characters are able to use light and heavy attacks, block enemy attacks, sprint, and perform combat rolls. Critical strike system is also present. During singleplayer it is possible to command the player's comrades.
Online co-op mode is also present with up to three players. It is possible to swap items between the characters with each character being able to find their own set of secrets on the level which is not possible in singleplayer.
Leveling up system is also present with players being able to level up their melee attacks, long-range attacks or their defense.
System requirements for PC
- OS:Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Processor:Intel Core2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD 64 X2 4400
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:2006 or later GeForce 8600 or Radeon HD 2600
- Hard Drive:10 GB HD space
- Sound:100% DirectX 9 compatible Audio Device
- Processor:Intel Core2 Duo 3 GHz or AMD X2 5000 or AMD Phenom X4 9600
- Memory:4 GB RAM
- Graphics:GeForce 2xx Series or Radeon HD 6xxx series or greater
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection