Planetside 2 is a massive multiplayer first-person shooter with an emphasis on large-scale battles developed by Daybreak Game Company.
Although considered as a continuation of the series, Planetside 2 is a re-imagining of the original game featuring the same world, factions and time period. The game revolves around territory control mechanics with large battles with up to 2000 players participating. Combat takes place on the continents of a fictional planet which are broken up into many territories. Control over these sectors grants bonuses to the faction in control. Teamwork and coordinated attacks are a necessity on the way to victory.
There are three factions present in the game: the Terran Republic, New Conglomerate, and Vanu Sovereignty. Each faction has its own unique visual style and playstyle. For example, the Republic relies on conventional ballistic weaponry while railguns and gauss rifles are widespread in the Conglomerate.
Planetside 2 features a freemium business model similar to League of Legends. While the game can be played for free, there is an in-game shop where players can buy new weapons, vehicles, and cosmetics for either real money or in-game currency.
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7 or later
- CPU: Core i5-760 or better / AMD Phenom II X4 or better [Quad-core CPU]
- Memory: 6 GB RAM (64-bit)
- Hard Drive: 20 GB free
- Video Card: nVidia GeForce GTX 260 or better / Radeon HD 4850 or better
- OS:64-bit Windows 7 or later
- Processor:Intel i7 processor or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher
- Memory:6 GB RAM
- Graphics:nVidia GeForce 560 or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher
- Hard Drive:20 GB HD space
- Sound:DirectX compatible Sound Card
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
PlanetSide 2 was added to collection PlayStation4.May 26, 2019