Commander Keen 4: Secret of the Oracle
Eight-year-old Kid genius, Billy Blaze, is in his backyard fort testing out his newly built Photachyon Transceiver. Simply put, it's an instantaneous radio that can pick up signals anywhere in the galaxy. While listening to an alien sitcom, "My Favorite Garg", Billy hears a disturbing message. Bzzt...grdddz...blow up...ferrrt...zzz...galaxy and... buzzt...rule...pzzzr...bip! "So the Shikadi are planning to destroy the galaxy, huh?", thinks Billy. "Sounds like a job for... Commander Keen!"
In episode one, "Secret of the Oracle", Keen rockets to an alien planet to rescue the Keepers of the Oracle, who are the only ones capable of helping Keen find out more about the Shikadi. Who are the Shikadi and why are they planning to use our Galaxy as target practice!
After completing the mission in episode one, Keen learns of the Shikadi's enormous ship, which doubles as the largest weapon ever built. So in episode two, titled "The Armageddon Machine", Keen faces his greatest challenge yet--to save the Galaxy!
Both episode one "Secret of the Oracle", and episode two "The Armageddon Machine", are packed with exciting features, but episode two is a much bigger game. Exciting features include:
- Incredibly smooth scrolling and animation
- Titled perspective--gives all levels the appearance of depth.
- 1.6 Megs graphics for episode one, a lot more in episode two!
- Ad Lib soundtrack. Episode one has 5 songs, episode two has 13 songs!
- 14 creatures in episode one, 20 all-new creatures in episode two.
- Three skill levels, which can add new creatures to the game!
- You can finally save ANYWHERE in the game, even inside levels.
- Amazing ending animated sequences.
- Star Wars-style text scrolling!
- Terminator-style opening sequence!
- Hundreds and hundreds of screens to explore, with HUGE levels.
- Keen has new abilities, such as hanging onto ledges and pulling himself up.
- Self-running demonstration mode.
- Joystick support.
- More fun than you can probably live with!