Refreshing look of Mirror’s Edge made this first-person action platformer recognizable even by people who have never played it before. The City of the “utopian” society is highly monitored by the totalitarian military groups.
Players will take control of the female protagonist, named Faith, a specially trained Runner, master of parkour that delivers physical documents in the city, where every form of communication is watched. Her sister is framed for murder, and Faith must follow the clues to the identity of the murderer, with only lead being a note saying Icarus.
Distinct visuals of the game form the bright white city, which Faith has to navigate through, jumping across rooftops, running on walls and climbing scaffolding. Color-coded elements of the environment guiding players as to where they can progress. Special attention to the camera that will bob up in down in accordance with the movement, trying to recreate the actual vision, and not a fixed video feed. Even though Mirror’s Edge has a combat system, it’s not the main focus, which makes it scarce.
System requirements for Xbox 360
System requirements for PlayStation 3
System requirements for PC
- Supported OS: Microsoft Windows® XP SP2 or Vista
- Processor: 3.0 GHz or faster
- Memory: 1 GB RAM or more
- Graphics: DirectX® 9.0c compatible video card, Shader Model 3.0 required. Video card must have 256 MB, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or better
- Hard Drive: 8 GB free space
- Sound: DirectX® 9.0c compatible sound card
- INTERNET CONNECTION, ONLINE AUTHENTICATION AND ACCEPTANCE OF END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY. TO ACCESS ONLINE FEATURES, YOU MUST REGISTER ONLINE. ONLY ONE REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE PER GAME. EA ONLINE TERMS & CONDITIONS AND FEATURE UPDATES CAN BE FOUND AT www.ea.com. YOU MUST BE 13+ TO REGISTER WITH EA ONLINE.