Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands is an action-adventure third-person game developed by Ubisoft Montreal. It is the direct sequel to Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones.
The Prince decides to visit the kingdom of his elder brother Malik to train in martial arts. Upon the Prince's arrival, the kingdom is found to be under a siege. Trying to repel the invaders, Malik uses an ancient mystic medallion that frees the ancient army of Solomon. Upon breaking free, the army turns the people of the kingdom into sand statues. Only the Prince of Persia can stop the army from destroying the kingdom.
The game uses the usual Action-adventure formula where the player-controlled character traverses the level while avoiding traps, solves puzzles, and fights enemies using aerobatics and special powers. The game features a complex fighting system.
As the game progresses, the Prince learns more and more skills. The player is able to control all four nature elements: fire, earth, water, and air. Using such power, it is easy to manipulate the game's environment. It is essential to combine magic skills with the fighting system in order to be most efficient in the game.
As in previous games of the series, it is possible to rewind time. If the player makes a mistake and the Prince dies, the player can travel several seconds back into the gameplay. If such a thing is impossible, the player has to restart from the latest checkpoint.
System requirements for PC
- OS: Windows XP (SP3) / Windows Vista (SP2) / Windows 7
- Processor: 2.6 GHz dual-core Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or higher recommended)
- Memory: 1 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista, Windows 7 (2 GB / 4 GB recommended)
- Graphics: 256 MB DirectX 9.0c–compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (512 MB recommended) (see supported list*)
- DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 8 GB
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c–compliant sound card (5.1 sound card recommended)
- Peripherals Supported: Windows-compliant keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)
- Internet Connection: Broadband Internet connection with 128 kbps or faster
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 100 / 200 / GTX series
ATI RADEON X1600 / HD 2000 / HD 3000 / HD 4000 / HD 5000 series
Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.