Quake 4 is a first-person shooter developed by Raven Software, the fourth installment in the series and the first Quake game not developed by id Software.
Storywise, Quake 4 is a sequel to Quake 2 and continues the story of the war between humans and cyborg alien race Strogg. You play as a Marine Corporal Matthew Kane, a member of elite Rhino Squad. The squad participates in the invasion on Strogg's home planet, but their spacecraft gets crushed in the middle of the battle zone. Now the protagonist must reunite with his team and finish the mission.
The gameplay shares many similarities with previous entries in the series, however this time, the game is much more single-player focused. The single-player mostly consists of fighting with aliens in different locations on foot with occasional differences such as turret sections or mech missions. One of the most notable differences in the game comparing to the rest of the series is that most of the time you are accompanied by the squadmates that help you fight enemies. The player has 12 weapons to choose from, most of which are recurring from the previous games such as nailgun, shotgun, railgun, blaster.
The multiplayer includes six different game modes: Deathmatch, Tourney, Capture the Flag, Arena Capture the Flag and DeadZone.
System requirements for PC
- Operating System: Windows® XP
- Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 2.0 GHz or AMD® Athlon® XP 2000+ processor or higher
- Memory: 512MB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 2.8GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 400MB for Windows® swap file)
- Video: 100% DirectX® 9.0c compatible 64MB 3D hardware accelerated video card required
- Sound: 100% DirectX® 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers
- DirectX® Version: 9.0c