Following the plot of the game, you play as a Point Man, who works for F. E. A. R. - a fictional special forces unit, which is forced to resist the rebel squad of cloned supersoldiers. He also faces a supernatural threat - Alma, a ghostly creature in the form of a little girl. The game consists of 11 episodes with an epilogue. As for the plot, it is completely confused until the end.
One of the primary abilities of the player is to slow down time. Being in this state for not so long, you can see the traces of flying bullets, move faster and get an advantage in battle.
The whole game comes from the first person, and the camera never shows the player from the side. Also, the game is often criticised for the fact that the primary action levels take place inside the buildings, not in the open area. But the player can attack the enemy from anywhere, hiding behind a wall, or create a shelter for additional protection.
System requirements for PC
- Operating System: Windows® XP, x64 or 2000 with latest service pack installed
- Processor: Pentium® 4 1.7 GHz or equivalent processor
- Memory: 512 MB of RAM or more
- Graphics: 64 MB GeForce™ 4 Ti or Radeon® 9000 video card; Monitor that can display in 4:3 aspect ratio
- DirectX®: 9.0c (August Edition) or higher
- Hard Drive: 17 GB free Hard Drive Space for installation; Additional hard drive space for a swap file and saved game files
- Sound: 16-bit DirectX® 9.0 compliant sound card with support for EAX™ 2.0
- Multiplayer Requirements: Broadband or LAN connection for multiplayer games
- Processor: Pentium® 4 3.0 GHz or equivalent processor
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: A 256 MB Radeon® 9800 Pro or GeForce™ 6600 or equivalent supported
- DirectX®: DirectX® 9 compliant video card with hardware T&L and pixel shader 2.0 support
- Sound: Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series sound card