Rise of the Argonauts
The role model
Released in 2008, the game, is similar to another well-known representative of the genre of action-role-playing games God of War series. Developers became studio Liquid Entertainment, and the publisher company Codemasters. The game appeared on the PC and on the most popular consoles of its generation: Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.
The story and the setting
The plot of the game tells about Jason, and the action takes place in Ancient Greece. Like God of War, the game uses ancient Greek mythology to build a game universe. The modified myth of Jason and the Argonauts, who went on a journey for the Golden Fleece was used as inspiration. According to the scriptwriters of the game, Jason is a Greek king, whose wife was killed in front of him. The only way for a grieving husband to return the beloved is the Golden Fleece, which can resurrect the dead. Other well-known heroes of myths appear in the game: Hercules, Achilles, Medea, Medusa, Patroclus, and others. Together they travel through a variety of real and imaginary locations: Iolcu, Delphi, Mycenae, Tartar, and Kifr.
The game consists of a large number of dialogues and enemies confrontations on vast, detailed levels. In contrast to God of War, critics point out simple battles with bosses and the strange arrangement of enemies on each level, which also simplifies the gameplay. You can use a sword as a weapon, a spear, and a mace is also available. Each weapon has its own characteristics and offers different gameplay: the mace breaks shields, but can not cope with a large number of enemies, the sword reduces the player's defense capabilities, but increases the effectiveness of melee combat, etc. In addition to these weapons, you can upgrade Jason skills on four branches: Ares, Hermes, Apollo, and Athena. Points for upgrades the player receives as the tasks are completed and for the correct answers in the dialogs.
- OS: Windows XP/Vista
- Processor: 3.0 Ghz Pentium or AMD™ equivalent
- Memory: XP 1GB RAM / Vista 1.5GB RAM
- Graphics: Geforce 6800 / Radeon X1300 or above
- Hard Drive: 8 GB Hard Drive Space
- Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
- Supported Graphics Cards: Rise of the Argonauts requires an ATI or nVidia graphics card / ATi Radeon X1300 or above / HD2XXX/HD3XXX/HD4XXX series / nVidia GeForce 6800 or above 7/8/9/GTX2XX Series.
- Not compatible with all integrated sound/graphics solutions (inc. Laptops).
- OS: Windows XP/Vista
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.66Ghz or Athlon X2 3800+
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce 8800GTX or above, or Radeon 3800 series or above
- Hard Drive: 9.2 GB Hard Drive Space
- Sound: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Sound Card