Crysis Warhead is a standalone expansion of the original game, following the story and actions of Nomad’s ally – SAS Sergeant Michael “Psycho” Sykes. While the events of original Crysis are taking place, on the opposite side of the island players will have to join a vehicle convoy through the jungle and after the series of violent clashes with North Korean forced, Sykes is getting a new mission, to secure and locate another container, that’s reported to be carrying a nuclear warhead.
Crysis: Warhead was a showcase of capabilities of CryEngine 2 and was the first game by the Budapest studio of Crytek. The game is played just like the original crisis, aside from the addition of new weapons that can be fully customized as well. Separate from the story campaign, the game has an additional group of multiplayer modes, titled Crysis Wars. It used to have its own disc, its own installer and was considered a separate game, but it’s still in a bundle with Warhead. Unfortunately, this multiplayer is unavailable, since GameSpy ended all of its gaming services.
System requirements for PC
- Supported OS: Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or Microsoft Vista
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista), Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista), AMD Athlon 2800+ (3200+ for Vista) or better
- Memory: 1.0 GB RAM (XP) or 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)
- Graphics: 256 MB
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or better
- DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c or 10
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- Hard Drive: 15GB