Stronghold is a real-time strategy game, the first installment in Firefly Studio’s Stronghold series.
The game takes place in Medieval Brittan of XI century. In most game modes, you take лrole of a Lord and have to develop your castle increasing its population, creating a stable economy and strong military while maintaining your popularity among the people. The game attends both the war and economics aspect. There are many types of resources in the game that can be divided into two groups: food and materials. The townspeople constantly consume food, so the player has to develop a stable production of meat, bread, apples, and cheese. Each of these types of food requires different structures and has different stages of production.
Unlike most other RTS, each military unit requires a different set of recourse to be created. E.g., crossbowman needs a crossbow and leather armor; swordsman needs a sword and metal armor.
The game has two campaigns: military and economic. In the latter, you don’t have to with other Lords, but only wild animals. Besides that, there is a free mode where you can develop your castle without any objectives or time restrictions and siege mode, separate scenarios that do not involve castle building but instead lets player attack or defend several historical castles.
System requirements for macOS
System requirements for PC
- OS: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- Processor: 1.6GHz equivalent Intel or AMD processor
- Memory: 512MB RAM
- Video: 64MB video card with hardware Transform & Lighting
- Hard Drive: 2.5GB uncompressed free space
- Sound: DirectX 7 compatible sound card or higher
- Direct X: DirectX 9.0c (included) or higher
- Multiplayer: GameRanger software will be installed for mutiplayer matchmaking support