Braid is a traditional platform game with puzzle solving. The story follows the main character Tim on his way through twisted 2D levels. According to the storyline, Tim’s aim is to rescue the princess from a monster. In the course of the completion, players will be able to get some additional information about the protagonist’s relationship with the princess. Players control the protagonist as he climbs platforms, jumps on the enemies to defeat them and to collect keys to hidden quests and mosaic parts. Players have to lead Tim through 6 worlds, each based on an intriguing time mechanic, as Tim features the ability to rewind the original pace of time. For example, Time and Forgiveness world allows respawning Tim after his death by switching time back. To attend the last level, Tim must assemble the mosaic. The story ends in the world simply called “1”, where time flows in reverse and returns to the normal pace by rewinding. The last room of the final world contains Tim’s meeting with the princess, but, due to the time pace turned back, players face some unpredictable twists of the plot.
System requirements for PC
- Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP / Vista / 7
- Processor: 1.4GHz or faster
- Memory: 768 MB or more
- Hard Disk Space: 200 MB or more
- Video Card: Pixel Shader 2.0
- DirectX® Version: DirectX® 9.0c
- Controller Support: Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
System requirements for macOS
- OS: OS X version Leopard 10.5.8, Snow Leopard 10.6.3, or later.
- Processor: Intel Mac 1.0 GHz or better
- Memory: 512 MB RAM
- Graphics: ATI Radeon(TM) 9500 or better, NVIDIA GeForce(TM) FX 5900 or better, Intel GMA 950 or better
- Hard Drive: 185 MB free space
- Other Requirements:
System requirements for iOS
System requirements for Linux
Processor: 1.4GHz or faster
Memory: 768 MB or more
Hard Disk Space: 200 MB or more
Video Card: Pixel Shader 2.0
Requires the following packages to be installed: libc6:i386 libasound2:i386 libasound2-data:i386 libasound2-plugins:i386 libsdl2-2.0-0:i386 libfltk1.3:i386 and dependencies.
Notice: this game comes with a 32-bit binary only