Dead Space 3
The third part in the Dead Space series. Like the previous installments, Dead Space 3 is a science fiction horror game in the vein of Alien film series.
The game is set in the year 2514. The humanity has discovered alien artifacts, the Markers. They can be the source of powerful energy but also provoke outbreaks of Necromorphs, the undead monsters. The radical Unitologists movement wants to spread the Necromorph infestation.
The main protagonist of the series, Isaac Clarke, resides at the Moon after he destroyed Markers in Dead Space 1 and 2. His ex-wife Ellie Langford went missing with her expedition on the frozen world of Tau Volantis. John Carver, the secondary protagonist of Dead Space 3, asks Isaac to travel with his team to Tau Volantis. This world may be the key to the secret of Markers.
The player assumes the role of Isaac Clarke on his quest. The game introduces the ability for Isaac to roll over and take cover to avoid being hit. Monsters and weapons from the previous games make a return, and there are new enemies like Nexus or Unitologist soldiers. The game also introduces the Weapon Bench system that allows to craft new weapons and upgrade them.
Dead Space 3 was the first in its series to include an online cooperative multiplayer. In this mode, the second player assumes the role of Sergeant Carver and can accompany Isaac in the story campaign. Co-op mode unlocks additional missions that are unavailable in the single-player mode.
System requirements for PC
- OS: FOR (SP3), Vista (SP1) or WINDOWS 7
- Processor: 2.8 GHz processor or equivalent
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or better (7300, 7600 GS, and 8500 are below minimum system requirements), ATI X1600 Pro or better (X1300, X1300 Pro and HD2400 are below minimum system requirements), 256MB Video Card and Shader Model 3.0 required
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 10 GB available space
- Additional Notes: Please note that attempting to play the game using video hardware that isn’t listed above may result in reduced performance, graphical issues or cause the game to not run at all.