Dead Space is a third-person shooter with horror elements. Playing as Isaac Clarke, the systems engineer, players will be isolated on the spaceship USG Ishimura after the crew was slaughtered by mindless Necromorphs after the failed investigation of the distress signal. Now Isaac not only has to escape but uncover the dark secrets of Ishimura, while looking for the clues about the whereabouts of his girlfriend Nicole.
Dead Space accents the survival aspect of the game, by keeping minimal UI and keeping HUD on the armor, making sure that the players can see the corners of the screen. Only weapons Isaac has access to are his engineer tools, which can all be upgraded with the limited supplies. Dead Space introduces a new variant of zombies called Necromorphs, that are highly mobile and instead of aiming for the head, players will be asked to attack the limbs, in order to incapacitate and slow them down, eventually killing them.
- Supported OS: Microsoft Windows® XP SP2 or Vista
- Processor: 2.8 GHz or faster
- Memory: 1 GB RAM or more for Windows XP (2 GB for Vista)
- Graphics: DirectX® 9.0c compatible video card, Shader Model 3.0 required, 256 MB or better, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or better (7300, 7600 GS, and 8500 are below minimum system requirements), ATI X1600 Pro or better (X1300, X1300 Pro and HD2400 are below minimum system requirements)
- Hard Drive: 7.5 GB free space
- Sound: DirectX® 9.0c compatible sound card
- INTERNET CONNECTION, ONLINE AUTHENTICATION AND ACCEPTANCE OF END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY. EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON WWW.EA.COM.