X-COM: Apocalypse is a strategy game that supports both a real-time and turn-based playthrough. It’s the final part of the classic UFO trilogy within the X-COM series. The story is set in the future, in the last city on Earth, Megaprime. Additionally to its inner problems with different factions that try to take control over the city, Megaprime is attacked by aliens. Here X-COM soldiers join the game to protect citizens.
The gameplay is focused on base building and technology development. You also train and upgrade your soldiers. The game consists of several linear missions: you get a signal about aliens’ spacecraft, you shoot it down and kill all the enemies. Another sphere of your interest is the city: you need to find allies and strengthen your authority among people. However, there’s a lack of realistic economics in the game, so you can perform illegal actions without any effect on the story.
System requirements for PC
- Supported OS: Microsoft® 2000/XP/Vista®
- Processor: Pentium 90MHz or better
- Memory: 16Mb RAM
- Graphics: Supported 32Mb Graphics Card
- Sound Cards Supported: Sound Blaster and 100% compatibles, Microsoft Sound System, ESS Audio Drive, ProAudio Spectrum, Ensoniq Soundscape and Gravis UltraSound
- Hard Drive: 60 MB Hard Disk Space