Call of Duty
Call of Duty is a World War II first-person shooter developed by Infinity Ward. It is the first game in the series by the same name.
During the game's singleplayer campaign, the players take control of three soldiers from different armies: Joey Martin from the U.S. military, sergeant Evans from the British SAS, and Alexei Ivanovich Voronin from the Red Army. The game's plot follows their path from boot camp to the Battle of Berlin. There are 26 missions present in the game.
Call of Duty features both singleplayer and multiplayer modes. During the singleplayer campaign, a briefing is held or a slide-show with commentary before every mission. In order to complete a level, the player has to complete several objectives in a chronological order. There are four difficulty levels in Call of Duty, they differ in the amount of damage the player can sustain. There is no health regeneration system present in the game. A health pack system is used instead.
The players can carry two main weapons, one pistol, and 10 grenades. The players can melee any enemy they encounter in the game.
At the beginning of the match, the players choose one of four sides: the U.S. Army, the British forces, the Vermacht, and the Red Army.
There are 4 game modes present in Call of Duty: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Domination and Search and Destroy.
The game's maps are renditions of the real battlefields, such as Sainte-Mere-Eglise, the shores of Normandy, Berlin, and Stalingrad.
System requirements for PC
- OS: Windows 98 / ME / 2000 / XP
- Processor: Pentium III 600 MHz or Athlon 600 MHz processor or higher for systems with Windows 98/ME, Pentium III 700 MHz or Athlon 700 MHz processor or higher for systems with Windows 2000 / XP
- Memory: 128 MB
- Graphics: 3D hardware accelerator card required - 100% DirectX 9.0b compatible 32 MB hardware T&L-capable video card and latest drivers*
- DirectX: Version 9.0b (included)
- Storage: 1.4 GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 400 MB for Windows 98/ME swap file, 600 MB for Windows 2000 / XP swap file)
- Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0b compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers
- Additional Notes: 100% Windows 98/ME/2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers
- Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported
- Internet play requires 56kbps (or faster) modem and latest drivers
- LAN play requires network interface card and latest drivers
Important Notice: *Some 3D accelerator cards with the chipset listed here may not be compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilized by Call of Duty. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX 9.0b compatibility.
- All ATI Radeon cards
- All nVidia GeForce cards
- Matrox Parhelia